Valentine’s Day is here and it’s got us thinking about the way in which technology has influenced the dating scene. Many would argue that technology has made meeting someone more difficult with the prevalence of social media and the rise of virtual interaction. But is it true? Or are these technologies leading us to find love in new ways? With the increasing number of dating apps on the market, many say it is now easier than ever…
1. Technology Can Improve The Way People Communicate
- People are more likely to be upfront with their intentions when communicating online.
- Anonymity can give people the courage to self-disclose and express themselves without fear or embarrassment.
2. Technology Is Making People More Sociable
- Technology has made it easier for strangers to connect in public spaces. People can also easily access social media when sitting at a bar or café and they can then meet up with people who share similar interests.
- Public display of affection is increasing with Dating Apps like Tinder leading people to meet up at bars, cafés and restaurants (thus promoting social activities).
3. Technology Is Creating Accessibility
- Internet research allows people to learn more about potential partners and their lifestyles which leads to more informed decisions and can increase the chances of a long-term relationship.
- Dating apps have made it easier to meet a wider range of people that you otherwise might not have come across in the ‘real world’.
Is Tech Changing People’s APProach?
Tinder came on the scene just four years ago and is now one of the most popular dating apps worldwide with more than 50 million users. This has caused mobile dating applications to flood the market. Mobile dating applications are now the second most common way for couples to meet, with one in five relationships starting online. So ultimately, whilst Technology challenges traditional views of romance, it is definitely helping many people find love!
If you’re interested in developing your own mobile application, swipe right for Beeta and get in touch, here!