Skills and Responsibilities
· Managing the delivery of a project, while being a recognised expert in the delivery of support providing input into customer and supplier contracts and support budgets.
· Having a good business acumen with practitioner knowledge of support costs, resources, risks and contract management; keeping aware of wider industry capabilities to inform future options.
· High-level thinking and stakeholder management to continually drive performance improvement and an understanding and application of problem-solving and Continuous Improvement (CI) tools and techniques.
· Engaging with multiple stakeholders across the business and a strong understanding of contract and operations management to deal directly with representatives from suppliers including support requirements that need to be included in contracts.
· Provide valuable business insight and work alongside colleagues to help spot warning signs of things going wrong and providing a decisive response to significant delivery challenges, implementing short term solutions whilst identifying root causes and suggesting options for long term corrective action whilst maintaining control of support outputs and costs; building a high performing, multi-function team using all the management skills expected at this level; clearly communicating and reinforcing to team members and stakeholders
· Consistently modelling desirable behaviours in order to encourage similar behaviours from others; working with the customer and suppliers to review delivery performance and future challenges driving action by one or more parties to address any issues.
· Leading investigations where the required Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) are not being achieved to the required quality, standard or timescales, and help to identify the issues and take appropriate action.
· Accountability for the management of resources, monitoring actual spend and updating forecasts accordingly to ensure the integrated support meets customer requirements fully within the agreed budget.
· Proactively balancing supply and demand with customers to deliver programmes of work.
· Conduct regular rolling reviews of the teams, customer outcomes and platform capability performances to proactively identify and manage dependencies between projects and programmes and their funding/resource requirements including accountability for all aspects.
· Support the Management team with all HR matters working closely with external HR company and accountants.